Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Moving Day

On Saturday the chickens moved outside. They were cautious but seemed happy immediately. Since I still don't have an actual coop, we modified an old shed. It will work for now. We have been getting more eggs and the chickens seem happier to be on the sun's schedule, not just when we turn the light on and off like when they were in the barn. I lined their pasture with chicken wire, I hope it keeps them in and they don't decide to fly over the fence. I'm counting on the fact that they are all heavy breeds and that they will be happy enough in their pasture. In other news, Hunny and Bunny have a serious case of mastitis. I'm hoping we caught it in time to save them from permanent damage. Luckily we hadn't been drinking the milk for the past few days since the flavor seemed off. Here are some pictures of the chickens enjoying the outdoors and wonderful spring weather we've been having.



No comments:

Post a Comment